Sometimes it’s hard to admit how lazy I can be; but, I will be the first to admit that I am totally lazy when it comes to waking up early enough to get ready and do my hair before work. I’ve touched on this before but I give myself the bare minimum when it comes to the time I give myself to get ready in the morning. I try to sleep in as long as possible and still try to make it to work on time. Right now, I wake up 30 minutes before I have to leave.
Doing my hair in the morning can be the most time consuming part of getting ready, especially if I even want to attempt to straighten it or curl it into loose waves. Since high school, I’ve been doing the same hair routine to get the beach waves I’m always looking for.
Side note: My natural hair is somewhat wavy already. I do this to add extra volume, texture, and to create the waves I want to see.
Get the look:
- Take a shower in the evening. I like to comb out my hair after I get out of the shower to get any knots out. I let it air dry for about 30 minutes or longer (this part isn’t crucial, you don’t even have to let it air dry prior at all if you don’t want to).
- My hair is naturally wavy so I don’t always add product but once in awhile I do to enhance the waves even more and to make them last longer. I add some leave-in conditioning spray, beach wave spray or curling mousse.
- I braid my hair into a single French braid. If you want to create more waves, braid your hair into two French braids. For the single braid, I stop about 4 inches from the end of my hair, end the braid and tie it off.
- Sleep with the braid(s) in overnight.
- In the morning, I take my hair down and loosen it up with my fingers. I gently comb my hair. I spray it with hair spray and put a little Argan Oil to eliminate any frizz in my hair.
Ta-da! There you have it: effortless waves and in no time to make them. Now you can hit snooze a couple more times!
Products I used:
- Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-in Conditioning Spray, $20, can find at Sephora
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray, $6, can find at Target, Ulta, etc.
- Marrakesh Oil Argan and Hemp Oil Therapy, $22.99, http://bit.ly/2BAQq17