I am one of the laziest people I know, especially when it comes to setting side time in the mornings for a good and healthy breakfast. This is especially hard during the work week because I give myself the bare minimum amount of time to get ready in the morning. Recently, I’ve been trying to think of quick and simple breakfasts that won’t take too much time out of my morning (because I still want to be able to sleep in as much as possible!). I try to wake up early enough to be able to make some egg whites to get that protein in that I need. I found a good pairing to my boring egg whites and it couldn’t be more simpler!
I was finally able to make it to Trader Joe’s to pick up their Everything But the Bagel seasoning and it’s now one of my obsessions! If you like Everything bagels, you need to go out and buy this now!
This breakfast is super easy and can be made in about 15 minutes max. Take a 100 calorie Light Thomas english muffin, toast it, put some butter on it, and sprinkle on some of the seasoning.
For the eggs, I scramble 1/2 cup of egg whites with 1 egg until they aren’t runny anymore. I absolutely hate runny eggs, but cook the scrambled eggs as you normally would. I top my eggs with a little bit of salsa just to give it a little something extra or you can squirt on a little bit of ketchup. I get tired of egg whites pretty fast so I just need to give it a little more flavor.
And there you have it! Quick, easy, and healthy! I’ve posted the caloric contents below for you to look at:
- 1/2 cup 100% liquid egg whites
- 1 egg
- Whole Wheat or Light English Muffins
- Spreadable butter
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning
- Turn your stove on low to medium heat. Spray some cooking spray on a pan. Add 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites and 1 whole egg. Mix until combined.
- Scramble the egg mixture until your desired texture.
- While the eggs are almost scrambled, place your english muffin in the toaster. Toast until desired.
- Top the english muffin with a small amount of the spreadable butter. Sprinkle the seasoning on top.
- Top your eggs with 1 TBSP of salsa or drizzle on some ketchup.
This recipe should only take about 10-15 minutes, depending on how long you cook your eggs. Just force yourself to wake up 15 minutes early and you’ll have a great breakfast to start your day!