A couple weekends ago I was scrolling around on Instagram discovered this mouth-watering recipe on Rachel Mansfield’s page and immediately had to give it a try! I made a quick trip to Whole Foods to pick up the 6 ingredients (only 6!) the recipe called for to make this guilty tasting, and addicting, “Cookie Dough Crack Bars”.
I’m not much of a cook, or even a baker, but I can handle the easiest of recipes. I had never used almond flour, coconut flour, or coconut sugar before so I was a tad nervous about how it would turn out. But how can you beat using only 6 ingredients and absolutely NO BAKING?!
These took me 10 minutes to make and then an additional freeze time of 40 minutes so no hard work at all!
After tasting these I think I’m now on this coconut sugar bandwagon. It made it so much sweeter in a different and more tasty way. It’s definitely hard to put it in words but something to definitely try out for yourself!
These are so addicting and will seriously satisfy any sweet cravings you may have (I have a SERIOUS sweet tooth!). As a plus they’re vegan and GF too!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 TBSP coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 cup and 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- Mix together almond flour, coconut flour, and coconut sugar.
- Add in coconut oil and peanut butter and mix with a mixer.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Place dough in a square pan and put in the freezer.
- For the chocolate topping, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Top the dough with the chocolate so that all the dough is covered. Freeze for at least 40 minutes before cutting into squares.
Find the original recipes on Rachel Mansfield’s blog here! And check out her other killer recipes – you won’t regret it!