Happy Hump Day Everyone! I thought it was only appropriate to post a booty circuit workout today.
I apologize for being MIA but life has been pretty busy! I’m currently working full-time, I’m studying for my CPT exam, I’m about to start classes for my second Bachelor’s degree, AND I just started as an online health & fitness coach with Beachbody. I will keep you guys up to date with all that! I may be posting more sporadically than before but will still be posting! This blog is my fun time!!
Back to the booty gains —
The exercises in this circuit use mini resistance bands. You can get these on Amazon and I just got some more from Beachbody. They range from light-heavy resistance and feel free to double up the loops as well. For example, pairing together a heavy and light band for additional resistance if needed. These are excellent to use to isolate your glute muscles and activate them during the workout. I promise you, you’ll feel it a lot more than without it!
Perform 10-15 reps of each exercise back to back. Complete 3-4 sets for the entire workout. Place the resistance band a few inches above your knees for all exercises.
- Glute Bridges: lay down and put your feet up so that they are hip width apart. Move your glutes upward pull your pelvis bone to your nose. Squeeze your flutes at the top. Return to starting position.
- Glute Bridges with Hip Abduction: Perform the same movement as the regular glute bridge. Once you pull your pelvis up, pause and push your knees out. Keep control and bring your knees back in. Return to starting position.
- Froggy Glute Bridges: Same as regular glute bridges except your feet aren’t going to be flat on the floor. The bottoms of your feet will be touching each other so that your hips are open and your legs are spread apart.
- Glute Kickbacks: Stand on your hands and knees. Take your left leg back and straight with your foot flexed. Lift your leg up, control it, and return to the beginning. Once you complete the reps on this side, perform the same amount of reps on the right leg.
- Fire Hydrants: Stand on your hands and knees. Rotate your left knee out to the left and keep your leg at a 90 degree angle. Return to starting position. Perform the reps on the right leg. They’re called fire hydrants for a reason – you’re going to look like a dog going to the bathroom!
- Mini Rainbows: Similar position to the Glute Kickbacks except you’re going to draw a mini rainbow with your leg. Your left leg will go up and out to the left and then over the right leg, that’s one rep. Complete your reps and the switch to the right side.
Try integrating this workout into your next booty day and you’ll get a little sore the next day I promise! 🙂
NOTE: If anyone reading this is interested in being a coach or interested in learning more about the fitness and nutrition programs that are offered, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you! It’s such a great opportunity to help yourself and others with their fitness goals!